1. We just “love” seeing all the “spot stakeouts” on Orleans Ave. and Canal St. days before Endymion rolls as if one actually owns that particular spot. (What ya gonna do when the crowd comes?!)
2. We just “love” finally finding that perfect spot only to realize that so did ten other people.
3. We just “love” waiting…and waiting…and waiting…and waiting some more for the damn floats. And waiting and waiting and waiting for Zulu in particular.
4. We just “love” getting hit in the face with a big pack of “pearls, beads, or anything of the sort.”
5. We just “love” standing by frat boys and kids with ladders.
6. We just “love” waiting all day to save a decent spot for Endymion and the first Shriners that pass let their horse leave us a day long gift behind.
7. We just “love” feeling like we need a virgin sacrifice to offer someone in exchange for letting us use their restroom.
8. We just “love” that moment you lock eyes with a float rider and they know in that moment that they own you for their pair of Blinky Beads! (We hate feeling so vulnerable.)
9. We just “love” how every woman who visits New Orleans for the first time thinks it’s her duty to show her breasts…no matter how much she really shouldn’t.
10. We just “love” the traffic. No really…we love it!
11. We just “love” watching out-of-towners wear their brand new tennis shoes on Bourbon St., Canal St., or during any Pee-rade.
12. Finally, we just LOVE the fact that every tourist says “You must LOVE doing this every year!” (Truth is…Yep, we sure do.)
Is there something you just “love” about Mardi Gras too? Leave us a comment.